Skip to content
Curious Facts about Valletta
It is the smallest Capital City in the European Union standing at just 0.8km
- Over 25 out of the 360 churches in Malta are found in this City
- Walking through the streets one can count up to 320 different monuments.
- Valletta and the Grand Harbour are 2 of the 9 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Malta.
- Built in the 16th Century, it was the first planned City in Europe.
- Records show 9000 workers built the city
- According to Weather experts, Valletta is the sunniest capital in Europe with 300 sunny days a year
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.